Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Pees His Pants

Ten year old boys are a little on the funny side. While exploring the condo where we are staying, he stood in front of a mirrored closet door. His eyes moved from one reflection of himself to the other. Finally, he concluded this stare down with, "I don't think I trust either one of you."

This is the same boy who, when he figured out Mr. Taylor and I were speaking in code (talking about one of the children), he stared at us both in disbelief then exclaimed, "You're talking about my secret adoption, aren't you!"

I don't think he realizes how funny he is. A couple of years ago we were wrestling and I let him pin me. He then informed me he would never get married and have children. He would grow up and get a dog and a cat and name them Bob and Fred.

"Who will cook for you? And go to the store? Who will make your lunches?" I asked.

"Bob and Fred," he replied matter-of-factly.

That made me laugh and, since he was sitting on my stomach at the time, he ended up laughing, too.

Then he lost control of his bladder.

No comments: