Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hey Look! An Awesome Book Blogger!

And so, it with great honor and reverence, I introduce you to Introverted Reader, who, coincidentally, did a fascinating interview on her site today about another book blogger.




However, Jennifer is absolutely fascinating and writes amazing reviews!  Here is what she has to say:

I joined GoodReads in April of 2007.  I just love that site.  As I started joining groups and posting reviews and getting more and more active on the site, I started accumulating a group of awesome friends.  My friend Misty started posting links in her reviews to extra material on her blog, Book Rat, sometime last summer.  I clicked through and loved what I saw.  I wrote about Misty on Monday.  What I liked for me personally was the freedom to design my page the way I wanted it, add in extra links and videos as I saw fit, and having a place to write something other than reviews.  After thinking about it for a little while, I wrote my first blog post on November 16, 2009.

On my blog, my main focus is reviews.  I read almost anything fiction, but historical fiction, fantasy, YA fantasy, some mysteries and thrillers, Southern literature, and Holocaust literature are what I gravitate toward most.  I also host a meme every Thursday called Character Connection.  This is where we talk all about characters we love, or sometimes that we just love to hate.  I also do Reading Rendezvous on random Sundays.  I post pictures of nice places I've found to read, either around my town or on vacation.

My favorite books are The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Fair and Tender Ladies by Lee Smith, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Peace Like a River by Leif Enger, Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery, and Someplace to be Flying by Charles de Lint.  I recommend these to anyone!

My family, including my extended family, reads quite a bit.  My younger sister and I have remarkably similar taste.  A book that she's recommended to me that I haven't read yet is The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks.  My mom loves Nicholas Sparks and my dad loves Louis L'Amour.  My husband didn't read much at all when we first met, but I've been working on him.  He reads one or two books a month now that we've found out that he really enjoys historical fiction, especially historical mysteries.  He can't choose a favorite, so he's listed The Hot Zone by Richard Preston, The Valley of Horses by Jean M. Auel, and Peace Like a River by Leif Enger.  Do you see my influence there?  :-)

I was fortunate to be able to go to Italy for my anniversary back in 2008.  We loved everything we saw, but I fell in love with Rome.  I'm a country girl at heart, so I was completely surprised by how much I loved The Eternal City!  I loved doing the touristy things, like touring the Vatican and the Roman Forum, but I also loved walking around the city after dark.  Everything just looked magical and felt so vibrant. 

Thanks for interviewing me!

Wow.  Do you see why I have friends like these?  She is truly amazing!  Check out her site for some fantastic giveaways!

5 comments:

Carol said...

I am loving this Book Blogger Appreciation Week.
I have not taken part myself being a fairly new blogger but am getting involved by catching up with postings.

Great Interview, am already a follower of your blog and now checking out The Inntroverted Reader.

carol

CountessLaurie said...

I foresee more and mroe books being added to my goodreads. Ooh, and another friend too maybe.

Megan said...

Peace Like a River is one of my favorites, too. Thanks for introducing us to Introverted Reader! :)

Good Choice Reading said...

Hey! I sent you an e-mail and I am not sure you responded, but for the Fall giveaway is your giveaway open to US Only or US/Canada or INternational and US...could you please email


GoodChoiceReadin@aol.com

Carol said...

I have an award for u on my blog! :)

carol