Friday, August 19, 2011

Tunnel Vision Susan Shaw

Tunnel Vision
Tunnel Vision by Susan Shaw
Simon and Schuster
Release date Aug. 16, 2011

Contrary to the poor star rating, I have a lot of good things to say about this book. The author is a solid writer. The story had a good start but seemed weak to me. There was some rambling that could have been taken out but it looked like the story was going someplace. The reader is introduced to characters that hold promise of either an interesting relationship or some twist of fate. Instead, it evaporates. Actually, my problem with the book was the weakness of believability. 

On the other hand, I'd gladly give this book to my 13 year old daughter to read. There is absolutely nothing so offensive I'd think twice. Except maybe the violence which isn't detailed and I might just be a product of a childhood based on Starsky and Hutch with some Columbo crossed with Fantasy Island and Love Boat. 

Clean read.

1 comment:

Sandra Stiles said...

I enjoyed the book as well. It kept me on the edge of my seat wondering why these people wanted her dead I read it in ebook form but have since purchased it for my shelves at school.