Friday, February 14, 2014

Perfect Lies by Kiersten White

Perfect Lies (Mind Games, #2)Perfect Lies by Kiersten White
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Description: Annie and Fia are ready to fight back.

The sisters have been manipulated and controlled by the Keane Foundation for years, trapped in a never ending battle for survival. Now they have found allies who can help them truly escape. After faking her own death, Annie has joined a group that is plotting to destroy the Foundation. And Fia is working with James Keane to bring his father down from the inside.

But Annie's visions of the future can't show her who to trust in the present. And though James is Fia's first love, Fia knows he's hiding something. The sisters can rely only on each other - but that may not be enough to save them.

My thoughts: I liked Mind Games and I was thrilled to get an ARC of book 2. I am also glad this is not a trilogy as far too often book 2 is a time killer. Instead, this book is completely useless without the first. It's the second half of the first. There were some hanging questions but the ending was enough. The character development was lacking except in the most basic form. Fia was definitely the most fleshed out and she was, understandably, slightly unhinged but inside her mind was the best place to be. Annie became more developed with this book and grew a backbone which was a nice development.

I found the humor to be excellent. The story is a great concept. I enjoyed the writing style. There is a satisfying ending but I somehow still felt it lacked the details. I wanted to know more about Keane both Sr. and Jr. What were they doing all that time? What the crap is the deal with Raphael? What happened to Sarah? Why did Fia stop Casey? More Pixie and Fia dialogue.

Still good. I just wanted more depth.


No comments: