Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Life Intended by Kristin Harmel

The Life IntendedThe Life Intended by Kristin Harmel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved a previous book by this author but I held little expectation for this one. I think the book description doesn't do the novel justice. The premise is that the protagonist loses her her brand new husband in a car crash. 12 years later she is moving on but not moving forward. Suddenly, she begins to have vivid dreams of how life would have looked had he lived - they are older and have a 14 year old daughter named Hannah. She awakes and looks around for this life that she believes she was intended to live. But Patrick is still gone yet it seems she needs to take steps to understand aspects of her dreams. This leads her to an ASL class and thus is where it gets interesting.

It is a little predictable but the journey is beautiful. The author knows where she is going from beginning to end and the ending left me with hope and a strengthened belief of the Divine and a bigger picture than we can see. I really enjoyed this book.

No comments: