Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Winter by Marissa Meyer

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)Winter by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My birthday present from my daughter. A satisfying ending to a series that began strong with Cinder, introduced new characters who stayed true and steady throughout. I take that back. I didn't care much for Cress. She grew into her character this book. Captain Thorne stayed true to himself with some slight altruistic growth. He is still my favorite. And Iko.

If you've been reading the series, you will be satisfied with the ending, I think. It's not necessarily fairy tale quality but very satisfying. True to the original fairy tales, however, there is blood and gore. No surprise that the power struggles lead to a war-ish.

I definitely enjoyed Winter. She was a pleasant addition to the crew. Best love story still goes to Scarlet and Wolf.

No comments: